Monday, May 14, 2012

Three random things in my fridge: goat cheese & pesto sauce (so actually I'm down to only 2 things)


spinach and goat cheese pizza.
Yummers.
I meant to have three random things in my fridge and the third being mozzarella cheese. But sadly we are out, but I daringly continue with only two items. Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Will it still taste good? Read and find out. :)

For the crust:
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 2 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 2 pesto sauce ( I was out of olive oil so I used this instead, there's oil in the ingredients so it works out, right???)
  • you may think your missing salt here but its in the pesto sauce see the label? Its got lots...
Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
    Stir in flour and pesto sauce. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.


    I had a cute little guy literally clinging to my skirt. But the kiddos love making pizza and the dough so it's a really fun dinner to make with them.


    Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and just roll it into a ball then mush it flat and round onto a lightly greased pizza pan. 

    for the "pizza sauce" I just took 1/2 can of drained spinach and mushed it around in 1/2 a tube of goat cheese until it was smooth and creamy


    Spread with spinach and goat cheese "pizza sauce" 
    Add other ingredients. These are what I dug out of my pantry that sounded good on it:
    tomatoes, olives, pine nuts. ( my husband and I experimented with sun dried tomatoes vs. diced canned tomatoes. both were good, but I think it's to salty with the sun dried tomatoes. Gio on Ugly Betty was right, sun dried tomatoes are very strong and potent, so if you do use them remember a few go a long way. Do not disperse them like you would regular tomatoes!

    Then I crumbled more goat cheese on top. mmmmmmmmmmmm. I love goat cheese.



    and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving. 

     my little monster likes it :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment