Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My all time favorite salad

My favorite salad of all time. I just wanted to share the yumm. Vitamin A and C delicious.

Romaine (spinach works good too)
Chicken (I boil 1 boneless skinless chicken breast until there is no pink then I cut it into thin strips)
Goat cheese
Sliced strawberries (yes, this tastes super good just try it!)
Sliced mini red, yellow, and orange peppers
matchstick carrots
almonds
Brianna's poppy seed dressing
______________________________________
I buy all the ingredients except for the dressing from Costco and they last me all month. I have this salad almost every day for lunch. I get the Briannas poppy seed dressing from Publix. It is a must! I am trying to reverse engineer the recipe so i don't have to make a special trip to the store for it and also its like $3.50 for 12 ounces so it's a little pricey. I'll be sure to share my recipe when i get it right but right now its a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Some of you may want to add avocado. I think it messes with the complexities of the salad but if for some reason if I don't have chicken or am too lazy to boil it, I put avocado on instead because it fills me up. And omega-3 fatty acids are usually good to have. I also sometime cook and cut my chicken in bulk and store it in the fridge so I can just throw it on my salad later. Let me know if you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment