Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY orange cleaner


I know my artistic skills with chalk are lacking here but despite the presentation i am going to go ahead and share my idea. I like the natural orange cleaners because I hate using toxic chemicals when cleaning because of the babies. Of course when I clean I send them somewhere else and make sure everything is well ventilated but I just always worry so much. So I saw that you can make orange cleaner yourself and I thought "duh" why am I paying for this. Pictured above is what used to be a spaghetti jar. I peeled off the label and painted some chalkboard paint on it. Then I filled it 1/2 way with white vinegar and put it next to the sink. Now when someone eats an orange, lemon, lime, or grapefruit we just put the rind in the jar. We're letting it sit a couple weeks and then using it. So far I think it's pretty cool. I'm always confident that vinegar is cleaning and I really liked the recent addition of grapefruit to the aroma. the oils from the rind really seep into the solution. I like it so much I may need to upgrade to a re-purposed pickle jar.

XOXO Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment