Monday, January 2, 2012

ready-made party cocktails

ready-made party cocktails yummmm


Yay for New Years eve parties. My wonderful in-laws have a fabulous one every year and they were gracious enough to let me try a few Pintrest ideas I have been wanting to try.






When I clicked the link the pintrest ready made cocktail idea pictured below the link was broken and I kept finding the super cute picture but no description so I decided to wing it. The ones above are mine.



I picked three drinks I have never tried before to make as ready made cocktails but really you can choose any. I tried to stick with The Christmas and new Years theme.

The cocktails I picked were:

1) Star of night:



Ingredients:
4 oz. Pommery Pink POP Champagne (*couldn't find this exact brand so I just picked out a random pink champagne, I saw they had raspberry that would have been good too)
1 oz. Van Gogh A├žai-Blueberry Vodka
Directions:
Pour chilled Van Gogh Acai-Blueberry vodka into a flute. Top with Pommery Pink POP and garnish with a starfruit. (*starfruit was out of season so I garnished with blueberries)

2) Berry Merry
Ingredients:
1-1/2 oz Van Gogh Pomegranate Vodka
1/2 oz Triple Sec
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
1 oz Cranberry Juice
1 oz Club Soda
Directions:
Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake over ice. Pour into a martini glass or on the rocks.
(*You can buy a pomegranate and garnish with some pomegranate seeds) 

3) Blueberry Martini

mix  
1 2/3 ounces vodka1/3 ounce blue curacao 1/3 ounce fresh lemon juice and garnish with fresh blueberries (* I was craving the outback blueberry martini and tried this recipe to see if it was close. Not even! This was good but super strong the men liked it and I think the women would have preferred something akin to the outback martini. If you know how they make that please share the recipe!)

The notes with the asterisks (*) are mine

All of these drinks were super strong and before we made them we were debating weather to put ice in the ready made cocktails or have people scoop their own in when they opened them. We decided to do the latter and in hindsight I would just put the ice in. Why? because it would not have melted quicker than people were drinking them and also it would have diluted the drinks a little to make them more drinkable to the lightweights like myself. All in all it was pretty good though.

I would say if you are going to do this you should like mason jars and plan on using them for other things because they are surprisingly expensive. They were like $8 at Walmart for a pack of 12 8oz ones. This is what we used and the drinks fit perfectly and they came with their own cute little labels you could just write on in colored sharpie. But still-that's spendy for someone like me. Good thing everyone liked it so we can reuse them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment