Thursday, December 29, 2011

meet the real Alabama

Up to this point my blog has had a lot to do with crafts, my family, and living in Alabama. Isn't it funny how what we blog really shows what we view as priorities thus showing what we view our identity to be made up of. I saw one blog that's like iamanursingstudent.com or something. I found that interesting to be someones whole basis for a blog because I am a nursing student and I have never blogged about it once. I am also a doula, graduate from UAB in exercise physiology, and in a past life I once was an athlete too. I'm not saying I won't ever blog about those things in fact I hope that I do so that you may get to know me more, but clearly my identity is not too wrapped up in those components of my life as of late. 

Now here comes the part that I am ashamed of. The only part of my identity that I feel should 100% be front and center and should be no question to people as the biggest part of my life is my faith in God the Father and faith in knowing that he sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for my terrible horrible nasty sins and that The Holy Spirit continually works in me to sanctify me. Barely and Rarely have I mentioned or stated the fact that I have any such faith on my blog and it ends today. If I want you to know me to truly know me, than that is what you need to know. Frankly I don't know why I haven't posted much about this and I am sorry and ashamed because that is reflective of where I have been placing my priorities in my life. Does this mean that every post from hence forth will be a sermon? No, but God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Spirit, and The Bible may come up from time to time and I want my audience (what little of you there are right now) to know that this is a part of me (really it's a part of everybody weather you accept it or not.) I intend to work harder to make my life, my blog, my whatever I have to offer to be a ministry. I am available to talk to you about my faith and I hope if your interested but this post is merely to start something I should have started the day I made this blog. 

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

God Bless, 
Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment