Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Homemade tartar sauce

Never again will I over pay for a tiny jar of tartar sauce. this is way too easy and way better than store bought stuff. I love it and my kids love it.



Here is the recipe:

1 cup of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced wickles and a dash of wickle juice
1 tablespoon minced onion
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste (I always use lots of fresh ground pepper)

Mix it all in a bowl and your done! (I just do it straight into a little Tupperware container for storage). It taste great right away but even better if you refrigerate for at least an hour. I garnish with parsley before I serve. lemon wedges or slices would also be great for presentation but I was out today.





This is a great way to use an extra onion before it gets old, or decides to grow in your pantry :)



For those of you who don't know what wickles are it may just be a southern thing but you can used sweet or dill relish depending on your taste as a substitute. Here's the can though. I highly recommend them. They have some kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment